Ask a Dentist   »  

Having pain in teeth and jaw. What could be the cause?

Bad pain in teeth and jaw wake me every night. Not responsive to Panadol. Dr and dentist both say NAD. Please help. I am very short of sleep most nights. Roslyn
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be due to sensitivity, caries, abrasion. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Tooth pain indicates infection in tooth you require a thorough clinical and radiological examination. There could also be a chance of cervical abrasion, attrition causing sensitivity and pain. I would advise you to take a second opinion regarding the problem also look for any TMJ problems, bruxism.Take an OPG radiograph to give exact idea about the TMJ and teeth condition in the mouth. Avoid any type of stress, take sound sleep. Take lukewarm saline rinses 3-4 times daily. If the tablets get it changed by consulting your Dentist. If you have any further queries do write to me and i will get back to you! Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.