Having pain in lower right side of back. Feel nausea when lay down. Using tylonal and ice packs. what can be done?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
thank you I am having pain in lower right side including lower back area . 4 days ago pain started with nausea duing the nausea now but keeps from sleeping ....worst when I lay down . been using tylonal and ice packs...little relief
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
check for urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

It will be helpful if you give more information on :-
1. Any history of back injury?
2. Any associated fever?

I would like to advise you that you should also go for following investigations to rule out Urinary Tract Investigations(UTI) :-
1. Kidney Function Test(KFT).
2. Urine examination(Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Sensitivity).
3. Complete Blood Count(CBC).

If the above reports are normal, you can continue with the painkiller you are taking(Tylenol). In addition you can add a muscle relaxant like chlorzoxazone twice a day. You can take Domperidone 10 mg along with Omeprazole 40 mg once a day for nausea.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.