Having pain in left elbow joint. Veins in forearm was much noticeable. Concerned?

I have been having pain in my left elbow joint. It is more painful when I attempt to straightenten it. I noticed today that the veins in my inner forearm are much more noticeable. Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sprain in the joint

Detailed Answer:

The pain you have could either be due to sprain in the joint or due to epicondylitis.

Either of them are not serious, rest for a week would suffice to recover. Also do apply DICLOFENAC gel to get rid of the pain and wear an elbow brace to restrict sudden movements in the joint.

Prominent veins is a normal phenomenon. Whenever there is inflammation the blood vessels around that site dilate to provide extra blood supply as a natural defense.

Hope, I answered your query.