Having pain in hip, buttock, waist and lower back. Suggested Neurostimulation. Taking Lyrica. Suggestions?ui

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, I fell 4 years ago as I was going to sit down, which leave me with heel, hip, buttuck, waist, thigh and lower back pain 24/7; doctors have done everything but surgery because I refuse; they believe I have nerve damage; and are sugesting I do: Neurostimulation or, SCS Spinal Cord Stimulation. I am on 600 mg of Lyrica and 60 mg of Symbalta which only take the edge off the pain, and of course I had to retire from work since I could not sit, walk or stand for any time. someone sugested that maybe my hip shifted when I fall and should see an Orthopaedic doctor. What's your take on my conditioin.

Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 42 minutes later
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Before I answer your question, I need some more information of your symptoms and previous history to make a possible diagnosis. Please answer the following questions-

* Detail your previous diagnosis what the doctors have made?
* Send scanned images all the reports,scans and prescription papers
* What is the pain pattern and location ?
* Do you suffer from any other medical illnesses?

If you are walking normally now, then it excludes the possibility of any dislocation of the hip joint.