Having pain in elbow and unable to lift things. Will it cure completely?
User rating for this question
I started playing badminton on weekends since a month. I used to get some pain near my right hand elbow. This sunday the pain was more. I was not able to lift a tumbler of water above my shoulder level. After 3 days the pain has reduced and I am able to lift light weights above my shoulder. I feel it will heal completely in few more days. should I consult orthopaedic?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: It seems to be tennis elbow. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us, From description it seems you might developed tennis elbow and with rest it seems to be in healing stage. Avoid repetitive movements for some more days. Do icing for pain relief in the area. You can take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. If the pain reoccurs and your symptoms persist even after these measures, then consult an orthopaedician for proper examination. Hope this will helps you . let me know if you have any more concern. Take care.
People also viewed
- Stomach issues from shoulder pain
- Sudden inability to focus eyes
- Eye flashes at night
- Ischiofemoral ligament runner pain
- Fatty lumps under eyes
- Isolated sharp pain under left pec
- Extremely painful piles
- Swollen knuckle joint itching
- Can norgesic cure pain, elbow ?
- How to cure elbow joint pain
- Lower extremity lymphedema pumps
- Treatment and cure for pain to elbow
- Kicked shin muscle knot itching
- Elbow pain cure
- Can q pap cure elbow pain ?