Having pain in back, burning stomach and feeling breathless. What is the problem and its cure?

i have pain in left and right side of my ribs in my back then going around the front with burning in my stomach and chest feeling breathlrss and my arms feel like lead
i do not know what category in the body which causes it
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are suggestive of a heart problem or probably some gastritis. These two can only be reliably distinguished by an ECG and a stress test. If these tests are negative, in all probability it is gastritis.
People with high blood pressure, like yourself, are at increased risk of heart disease. Considering this, I would suggest that a few tests be done to rule out ischemic heart disease ( a condition where the blood supply of the heart reduces on exertion)

1] Electrocardiogram [ECG] : It can show changes of old infarction. If recent myocardial infarction is found; you need to discontinue Cardicor i.e bisoprolol which is contraindicated in infarction.

2]Exercise treadmill stress test: This is important to predict heart attack by understanding heart's ability to cope with exercise stress.

3] Cardiac enzymes: Cardiac troponins, CK-MB levels are elevated in case of infarction.

Please see a physician as soon as possible. If the symptoms are persisting, I would suggest you go to the ER right away. If they occur in episodes and then subside, you can see your regular physician, but make it point to see him as soon as possible.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.