Having pain in arms and legs and cramping. What could this be?

hi since i had my daughter over a year now i get pain in my leg and my arms it cramp me also what could that be?
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Pain and cramps in the legs and arms can be due to a few conditions like low blood calcium level, thyroid deficiency, anemia, electrolyte disturbances etc.

Thus I will recommend that you get your blood tests done that include investigations like serum calcium levels, serum vitamin D levels, Thyroid profile, lipid profile, hemogram, vitamin B12 levels, serum electrolytes, blood urea nitrogen , etc.

Till then I will recommend that you take calcium and vitamin B12 supplements and see if those help. Also take nutritious and hygienic diet. Take more of fruits and green vegetables. Exercise at least 20 min a day.

Let me know if you need further clarification

Dr Vaishalee