Having pain during urination. Is it due to kidney stones?

Sep 2013

My back is killing me. I can't pee and its like my pee hole hurts. I went to the
Urologist two thinking i had a UTI. This is a totally different symptoms. Could this be kidney stones?

Idk if i should go to the ER or what but im in pain. Ive had six stones since i was 14 that coukd have moved since then.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 2 hours later

Calculus (stones) any where in urinary system produces mild to severe pain from back to external urethral opening.

When stone moves from its location than it is bound to hurt soft parts passage from where it is passing.

As you mentioned in you query that you there are six stones in your urinary system, so movement of these ( 1-6 ) stones producing pain in your back.

As you said in your query that very difficult to urinate due to pain i.e. this is an indication that stone (stones) has come up to opening of urethra.

It might happen within a short period you will get rid off 2-3 stones.

Plenty of fluid is best for you , you can take different type of liquids as these liquids develops diuresis ( forceful expelling of urine) and this will lead expulsion of stone from its location.
For pain you can use some pain killer.

I advise you please get in regular check up of urinary system as ULTRASOUND of abdomen to rule out any side effects of stone in KIDNEYS.

Get in blood for urea examination for kidney's work.

Urine examination for any secondary infection as pus cells.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further question I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.
Dr. HET.