Having pain below abdomen. Ultrasound of abdomen and renal tract done. What are the risk?

I have been having some pain below my right abdomen for some time now. The pain has been normally very mild and intermittently, i.e. on and off. However it would be more severe after driving very long distances. I did an ultrasound of the abdomen and renal tract . The findings were that my liver appear enlarged and shows an increase in echogenicity possibly due to fatty infiltration. Liver measures 168.6mm. No liver masses seen, gallbladder and pancrease appear normal, no gallbladder or pacreatic masses seen, spleen normal and no masses seen. Both kidneys normal in size, location and cortico-medullary differentiation. No renal masses seen, ascites and no lymphadenopathy seen. Findings are of moderate hepatomegaly.
Whati ned to know is - what risks am i facing? What do i need to do? I have with immediate effect stopped drinking alcohol, i jogg daily for at least 30 minutes, i am currently eating lots of fruits, vegetables (sulphur-rich and cruciferous), drink lots of water at least 3 litres a day (its very hot in Botswana). For a long time i have not been drinking enough water. I have cut down on fats, salt, sugar, meat etc.

What next steps should i take? Is it a good idea to take off-the shelf Mil-Thistle tablets? Am also not sure how damaged my liver is.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Was liver functin test done? If yes, can I have the report?
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Having pain below abdomen. Ultrasound of abdomen and renal tract done. What are the risk? 1 hour later

Blood tests were done including liver functioning tests. The tests included Biochemistry, Endocrinology and Haematology. Kinldy advise also on the interpretation of the out of norm results for the REA-Serum and S-ALT (GPT). The Pathology Report is attached. The Doctor who is a GP said i must reduce on alcohol and on fatty foods and come for another ultrasound scan. I look forward to your valuable advise.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 days later
I apologize for the delay in replying to your post.
I went through your report. Both urea and ALT are only mildly raised and are not significant.
The fatty liver could be due to alcohol intake. It is reversible and will resolve within 4-8 weeks after stopping alcohol intake. You can get a repeat ultrasound scan of the abdomen done after 8 weeks.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini