Having pain at the back of neck. Use bike and wear helmet. Suggest exercise or medications to reduce the pain?

back side of my neck is paining since 15 days, i use bike for work n wear helmet please suggest me better option to remove this pain,some excersice or some medicine
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neck collar and Diclofenac gel

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Orthopedics, working with an experienced Spine surgeon. I answer on his behalf.

Wear a neck collar for 2 weeks, this will stabilize the neck spinal bones reducing the friction and also relax the neck muscles providing relief by helping healing.

You can also apply DICLOFENAC gel for pain reduction when the pain is severe. Do not massage after applying the gel.

Hope, I answered your query.