Having pain and pressure like under left rib cage. Stringing thing in stool. Done with ultrasound and blood test. Treatment?

Hi I have always had pain in my left side and back and like pressure under my left rib cage these years and I just notice some White stringing thing in my stool. Have had ultrasounds all clear and bloods all clear and hplor test that was clear . My doctor had no clue and sent me on my way
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
White string in stool may be worm take albendazole

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

White stringing thing may be some worm and pain may be caused by them only. So I will advise to get your stool examination. Take tablet albendazole for deworming. If pain is not improved after deworming or stool examination is normal then I think you require colonoscopy examination to see for any pathology in colon.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.