Having pain and burning in vagina. Cure?

I have pain ,burning and heat coming from my vaginia. My co-workers don't want to be around me because they say it effect them. My daughter in law use something that burn my mistrial when I come because she has a baby girl. Please tell me what to do. Because I want to be around my first granfdaughter. Also I do need my job.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 39 minutes later
Dear patient

Thanks for your concerns.

It appears indeed that you are suffering from a vaginal infection, caused usually by yeast or bacteria. You can reassure your co workers and daughter in law since it is not transmissible by air or non sexual contact.

The best way to proceed is to see a provider who can perform a pelvic exam and take samples to look under the microscope or suggest a medication based on the physical findings in the vaginal canal. There are medications available to treat this and they are very effective. Of note, many of this infections can be proliferation of bacteria that live in your own body

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best regards
Follow-up: Having pain and burning in vagina. Cure? 1 hour later
I am not a doctor but I don't think that is the answer. Because when female coworker come near it is unpleasant feeling that burn and make me feel like I wet down there but I not. For example my superb
Visor came to my desk standing behind me and the heat from her body effect me'
So they use something that I can smell so I would not effect them. I no this sound weird.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 18 minutes later
I understand your concern. It is quite an unusual description, but for sure vaginal infections can produce all sorts of unpleasant fishy odors; again, since the issues are coming from your genitals, infection seems most likely.

Secretions become foul smelling in the presence of infection. Hence I will definitely recommend you to consult a gynecologist that can do a pelvic exam.

Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Truly yours