Having pain above breast. Feeling light headed, dizzy and discomfort in chest. BP is high and feeling nauseous. Worried?

Question
Hello. I hav had a pain off and on just above my left breast. I hav been feeling light headed and at times dizzy. Just this morning I broke out in a sweat and felt like fainting. I hav a little discomfort in my chest. My blood pressure is high 148/87. I feel nauseous and am just laying bed feeling anxious. I am on blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds and pristque should I go to emergency
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You MUST GO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - IMMEDIATELY

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Any pain at this age should be investigated as HEART PAIN – UNLESS PROVED OTHERWISE – Especially so, in this setting of pressure and cholesterol, which are risk factors for heart.

EKG / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance. The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

You SHOULD SEE YOUR DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck