Having obesity, gastric dumping and gerd acid reflux. Hard lump next to belly button. Unable to eat much. What to do?

General Surgeon
I am obease,i have gastric dumping.I have gerd acid reflux ,ive noticed a large hard lump next to my belly button its very visable laying down,its uncomfortable sometimes i cant eat much,today it hurt all day,i made a small meal because i knew i was hungry
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hard lump next to your belly button can be hernia

Detailed Answer:
Prilosac works for GERD .
Hard lump next to belly button can be due to hernia.It is protrusion of Omentum or small intestine coming through a defect and presenting as a mass.
Get it examined clinically by a surgeon.
Ultrasound abdomen will confirm the diagnosis.
If at all hernia is confirmed,surgery is the only option as it may lead to complications like obstruction.
I am prescribing Rabeprazole with Itopride instead of Omeprazole to my patients with GERD.
Please consult a surgeon and proceed accordingly.
Wish you good health