Having non-cancerous small nodule in breast. What to do?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have been check out for breast cancer but had a small nodule non cancer But my breast are very
tender to the touch
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Was a biopsy done?

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query, I understand your concern.

At your age, nodules must be viewed with suspicion. I don't want to frighten you but it is better that you are doubly sure before dismissing anything.

Did you undergo a mammogram and/ or biopsy of the lesion and is it palpable or has it been diagnosed on screening mammogram. If not excision or at least a needle test should be performed.

As far as tenderness is concerned drugs are available. The cause might be duct ectasia for which surgery is a better option.

If you can provide more details, I will be able to provide better suggestions. Thanks again for the query.