Having nausea, vomiting sensation and tightness and burning sensation in abdomen. Ultrasound showed mild hepatomegaly. Advise?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am 35 yrs women. recently i have underwent abdominal ultasound which shows mild Hepatomegaly .Moreover, I have nausea,vomiting sensation and feeling tighteness at upper side of left abdominal also feel burning sensation in abdomen,
Pls advice

thanks
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Can I have the complete report of the ultrasound scan?

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having nausea, vomiting sensation and tightness and burning sensation in abdomen. Ultrasound showed mild hepatomegaly. Advise? 13 minutes later
yes,
it says liver is enlarged in size about 1.4 cm.No local lesion seen. hepatobiliary is normal
Both kidneys are normal
Retroperitoneum normal
uterus is normal
Follow-up: Having nausea, vomiting sensation and tightness and burning sensation in abdomen. Ultrasound showed mild hepatomegaly. Advise? 9 hours later
scan 5 is showing normal liver
scan 1,2,3,4 are showing enlarged liver .These two are different US.

Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 28 hours later
The most likely cause for mild hepatomegaly is fatty liver. Blood glucose and lipid profile test may be done for evaluation.

The burning sensation could be due to acid peptic disease. Antacid medications may be taken for relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini