Having nausea, upper stomach cramping and blood in stool. Cancer?

Oncologist, Surgical
i have had ongoing nausea and low grade fevers for 4 months now. i have just started having upper stomach cramping and blood in my stool. i have fought for ct scan of abdomen and pelvis. (scan was normal) my doc gave me blood test after blood test. i demanded a endoscopy and colonoscopy. he is finally giving me a referal for one. do you think he waited too long to give this to me ? i believe i am now stage 4 cancer where as 4 months ago i was probable stage one. i know it has to be cancer because he tested me for h pylori and infections also blood cultures. all thats left is cancer (because of the fevers). should my family XXXXXXX if i have cancer?
i forgot to mention i also have been autoimmune diseases and have none.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 hours later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I can see that you are concerned because of your persistent symptoms but that is not an indicator that it is cancer. A CT scan can pick up cancer, if it has spread to the abdomen and if it was normal, that means you don't have a very advanced cancer (if at all you are suffering from one). You should wait for the endoscopy results before coming to conclusions about your health. As you have been running fever for 4 months now, it is best that autoimmune disorders, lymphoma, leukaemia's are ruled out.
You should visit an oncologist in addition to your gp and have your reports evaluated.

hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Follow-up: Having nausea, upper stomach cramping and blood in stool. Cancer? 11 hours later
if i have already had stool cultures done, ct, blood work, autoimmune workup, h pylorie and blood cultures, and all are normal doesnt that only leave cancer since the fevers are constant for so long? do my symptoms sound like cancer to you?
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 9 hours later
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for asking your query at XXXXXXX Just because the other tests have come out normal, does not imply that you are suffering from cancer. You should wait for your endoscopy results to come back.
Have you travelled somewhere recently? Also ask you GP to order a peripheral smear for you and have it examined for parasites.

Hoping for the best.