Having nausea feeling and tingling sensation from neck to head. Remedy?

female, 60years old.having nasseas feeling on and off for a week also on and off tingling sensations from my neck to my head a few times a day and feeling run down i go to the gym 7 days a week but not lately
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is an excellent question. There are many possibilities regarding what could be causing your symptoms. I think in light of the fact that this seems to be significantly affecting your quality-of-life a visit to your primary care provider would be indicated.

Your doctor can perform a comprehensive physical examination and consider laboratory testing. There are certain things such as thyroid dysfunction, anemia, or electrolyte abnormalities which could contribute to some of the symptoms which you have experience. These can be checked very easily with simple blood tests.

Thanks again for sending your question. Again I think a visit to your doctor would be wise. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns or if you would like to review your doctors visit as well.

Dr Galamaga