Having nausea and discomfort in upper stomach. Taking pariet. Use of the medicine?

hi, I'm enquiring about the medication pariet. I have been having nausea for 3 months, upper stomach, and discomfort there too. Had lots of tests done and all negative. Doc put me on Pariet today.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 42 minutes later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
I have gone through your history completely and following are my comments:
1) Pariet is acid suppressing drug belonging to PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor) group and useful in hyper acidity related stomach disorder or ulcers and relatively safe.
2) You have suffered vomiting and some infection and received course of antibiotics like Augmentin and Flagyl, which can sometimes cause vomiting and stomach upset.
3) You have lost weight about 7 kg which I presume is unintentional that is significant, we must try to find cause for it if any?
4) Your investigations done so far are negative, so anti emetic (Maxalon) was given.
5) Please watch for effects of Rabeparazole (Pariet) and you can discuss about medicine called Ondansetron for nausea and vomiting. This should help you.
6) In your case prebiotics and probiotics may help to normalize the gut.
Hope this is useful for you; please let me know if there is any doubt, I will be happy to help.
Dr. A. Dubey M.D.