Having nasal run down the throat. Nose is green when blowing. Took reactine. Sore throat, mild diarrhoea. Advice?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I constantly seem to have nasal run down my throat. It's all the time, non-stop during the last month and a half. My nose is also green (and then clear) when blowing. I've tried Reactine which has helped but obviously has not stopped whatever is running down my nose. A very mild soar throat develops when I swallow. The last week or so I've had some mild diarrhea as well, I probably could br drinking more water for the time being spent outside each day working with kids.
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you are having post nasal drip.
You should continue taking antihistamine (Reactine). You can add decongestant like phenylephrine along with an antibiotic for better relief from your symptoms.

Warm saline gargles can be helpful in relieving sore throat.

If the problem persists, you can have a throat swab culture done.
Also have an ENT examination done.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 days later
Thanks for your response.
I wish you good health.