Having movable lump in lower hand of back, tender to touch. What could it be?

I have a lump on my mid/lower right hand side of my back. Very sire n tender to touch roughly . Very hard and movescm long, 2cm wide and moveable. Can you shed some light x
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
If the lump has been there for long; say for years- it may be a lipoma or a nourofibroma irritating a nerve to cause pain.
If it is there for long and has become painful lately it may be an infected cyst.
And lastly if it appeared a few days ago and started with pain then it must be a furuncle, which is a skin infection.
In all the three cases you should get yourself examined by a surgeon and get treated in person.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.