Ask a Dentist   »  

Having mouth ulcer. Took vitamin b complex and antibiotic. Permanent cure?

Hi. I am suffering from very very minor mouth ulceration - mild pain, It comes and goes - not on same location. one of my tooth is also decayed... current mild ulcer is near to the tooth - on cheek. what could be the reason for this repetitious minor mouth ulcer?
The formation of ulcer is like a small - very small white dot that goes within a week. I am applying Mucopain there.
Yesterday, I started antibiotic (as the tooth is decayed) and a tablet containing Vitamin B12.
A week back I did a routine blood checkup where there was no sign of infection.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar 27 minutes later

Thanks for choosing healthcare magic forum.

As per the description given by you,

You are probably suffering from RECURRENT MINOR APHTHOUS ULCERS.

This occurs due to many factors-

1. Immunologic abnormalities.

2. IRON, VIT.B12, FOLIC ACID deficiency.

3. Traumatic incidents like self-inflicted bites, oral surgical procedures, toothbrushing, and dental trauma.

4. Endocrine conditions in females.

5. Psychic factors.

6.Allergic factors like asthma,hay fever,food or drug allergies.

I would suggest you to-

1.Immune enhancement with vaccines etc.

2.Use steroid ointment ,1.5 percent cortisone acetate ,apply locally. supplementation with vit.b12,iron,folic acid, and zinc sulphate.

4.In severe conditions oral corticosteroids has to be administered.

5.Please avoid intake of spicy/salty junk food items.

Meanwhile,visit a dentist and get thorough clinical examination regarding final diagnosis of ulcers.

Get your decayed teeth restored soon.

Maintain good oral hygiene.

Use colgate-plax mouthwash after toothbrushing.

Hope this suffices.Feel free to ask further quiery if any.

Follow-up: Having mouth ulcer. Took vitamin b complex and antibiotic. Permanent cure? 15 minutes later
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am asthmatic patient... and regularly use Asthalin Inhaler. I am also taking ranitidine tablet once a day due to acidity. This recurrent ulcer is appearing since last month only. I am little bit worried as its appearing frequently. I have started taking Fexin BD 325 Mg and Bplex Forte tablets from yesterday. I am not diabetic.

One of the fear with me is ... hope its not a development of cancer. I used to smoke but thats 3 years back. I never chewed tobacco.
Answered by Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar 5 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

Please do follow the instructions as I mentioned.

As per the description given by you, it is not cancer.

However, unless you stop the habit of smoking, it can lead into oral as well as lung cancer.

SO please discontinue smoking.

IF I answered your questions, please close the discussion.