Ask a Urologist   »  

Having masturbating habit. Penis not getting hard. What is the problem iam facing?

Urologist
Question
I'm 26 years old. I have been masturbating since when I was 12 years old. I masturbated almost once daily and sometimes it exceeds to thrice in a day. But now I am facing an unusual thing. My penis hasn't been responding to certain things like it should. It's like I actually have to touch my penis to get it hard. It won't go hard, just semi-hard with no touching. AND when it is hard, it's not at full size. Very close to full size, but still not at it's peak.I searched over the forums and found that this may be due to excess masturbating.Now i stopped masturbating for a while but there is no change in my penis response, will you please suggest me what is the problem iam facing?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I understand your worry.
Erection is a complex process involving blood vessels and nerves, which in turn are stimulated by the state of mind at that time.
Once the mind is set appropriately, it sends signals to the spinal cord and which in turn sends nerve signals to its blood vessels to increase the blood flow to the penis which has a jet like speed.
Only this makes the organ, which is so soft, to become so hard.
The level of mental stimulation is the basic need, which in turn depends on your level of mental state, your partners and the environment.
Any issue that disturbs any of these can alter the state of erection.
Erection is needed to enter the female organ, do the act for a while and then ejaculate for you and your partners satisfaction.
If that is done, then there is nothing to worry.
It is difficult to compare previous erection, with size of others and so on. As long as u r able to do the act and happy, there is nothing like that.
Masturbation has no relation, even though it is difficult to convince as the thought is deeply rooted in the society.
Erection at masturbation also depends on the level of mental stimulation at that time.

Hope I answered your queries. Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Dr GS

Follow-up: Having masturbating habit. Penis not getting hard. What is the problem iam facing? 14 hours later
Hi sir,
Thanks for your quick response to the question and kind advice.

Here i have some more questions please kindly answer to these also:
1. Due to mental tension is there any chance that the thickness of semen will reduce.
Actually i am facing this issue from last two years but i never mentally disturbed and not stopped the masturbation,recently i noticed that the thickness of semen was reduced and the semen/sperm will become watery once the erection is completed.
Sometimes if i masturbate more then two times per day i feel a little bit pain at my penis like while going to the toilet.
Now i am really mentally disturbed since i am going to marry with in few months can i satisfy my partner.
2.Can i use any Ayurveda medicines like shilajit, kohinoor gold and orgy massage oil which i have read from the online forums to increase the stamina.
please advice me some medicines to become in normal condition and kindly let me know will it be curable.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for your reply.
First and foremost, I would reassure u that u are unlikely have any physical disease as such and so no medicine is needed.
Basically the feel of guilt is due to masturbation.
Thickness of semen may vary from time to time and cannot be a criteria to satisfy your wife and mental worry may affect it.
It is important only if u r not able to father, after living with ur wife for more than one yr during which time semen can be analyzed. It should not be analyzed now, as it may lead to more mental worry than solution.
Pain u mentioned may become normal once the frequency of masturbation becomes less after marriage.
Unfortunately I don’t have any idea of the preparations u have mentioned as I don’t practice ayurvedic medicine.
Again, i stress that u have no disease that needs to be cured.
Dr GS