Having lump under labia majora. No pain. Sometimes noticed pain. Help?

Mar 2016

Hi,so to start of with my question I'm very nervous and scared I have cancer,I have a lump under the skin on top left labia majora,it's quiet deep in the tissue and it doesn't have a head or hurt,I think I may have noticed it a couple of years ago and I'm not sure if its grown or not,I don't really have any pain from it the only pain I get sometimes is a shooting pain down that one side,it isn't a visable lump I have to feel for it and it can be moved around with my fingers not migrate around but move around,please help 23 years old.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Labial cyst or lipoma. Need clinical confirmation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us on Health Care Magic.

From your given history, painless (most time) mobile lump on the top of left labia majora may be associated with lipoma or labial cyst which are the most common benign soft tissue tumor in your age. Malignancy or cancerous growth is quite unlike. So, don't be worried about it.

However, you need a definite diagnosis of the case and it can't be confirmed from the web without proper clinical view. Therefore, I suggest you to consult with your gynecologist for clinical examination including regional lymph node assessment to rule out the underlying pathology.

Additionally, you may need to undergo histopathological (under microscope) examination of concerned soft tissue tumor.

I understand you are concerned, but trust me. This is unlikely to be a cancer. So feel free to walk in to your gynecologist office and talk about this lump. She can examine the lump and if feasible plan a biopsy to confirm the benign nature.

In addition, you would maintain genital hygiene properly and avoid compressing or handling the lump.

Hope, it is quite helpful for your information. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Having lump under labia majora. No pain. Sometimes noticed pain. Help? 1 hour later
Thankyou for your reply,I'm just so scared I have an app with a gyno on Friday but iv convinced myself I know what it is.if it has been there a couple of years and was cancer would it have grown more?or would I be sicker?iv had some bowel troubles but I think that might be from stress but am scared it from cancer
Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Don't be scared. Chance of cancer is much rare.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

Don't be scared. In your age, chance of cancerous growth or malignancy from soft tissue tumor is very much rare. You would consult with gynecologist regarding this on scheduled appointment & proceed proper pelvic examination to make a diagnosis.

Mobile soft tissue tumor generally grows slowly and it does not signify to be a cancerous growth even after remaining of several years. Clinical examination and tissue biopsy confirm the nature of tumor.

Bowel troubles may be due to stress, improper diet habit, late night sleeping, anxiety, indigestion problem. To regularize your bowel habit, you must take balanced diet with fresh vegetables & green salad, drink more water (2.5 -3 lit/ day), avoid mental stress by regular yoga or meditation and need proper sleep. If problem persists, you may take laxative or ispaghula husk before going to bed.

Hope, it helps for you. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.

Good luck. All the best.

Dr Soumen