Having lump on left head above ear. Soft to touch. Should I be concerned?

I have a lump on the left side of my head,just above my ear. Is somewhat soft and has not changed in a few years. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with a degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence.
Yes, specially when you few years. Was it not there few years ago and it has slowly reached its present size? It is not a cause for panic but certainly of concern.
I will show it my doctor, a complete physical examination shall be done. Doctor may decide to do needle aspiration cytology or straight away excisional biopsy. A report from pathology will satisfy me. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW