Having lower left mild cramping. Got egg white mucus discharge. Could I be pregnant?

Hello I have been having lower left mild cramping that's been on and off for a couple of days, me and my husband did the deed the second day I noticed egg white cervical mucus (which was also the last day it was present) .. It is now 8 days past when I noticed the egg white mucus .. I also noticed today I had watery white fluid leaking while I went to the washroom .. Could I be pregnant ?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later

I would not be concerned much about your situation because it is not uncommon for a woman during her fertile years to experience egg white mucus or watery vaginal discharge around ovulation which may go on till the next cycle starts which advocates that the hormonal influences are intact. Clear and watery discharge occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it can be more noticeable at different times of the month.

The mild discomfort in the lower abdomen can be related to an intestinal colic. These symptoms are non specific and are not suggestive of pregnancy. If your periods are overdue by 4-5 days then you need to test your urine for pregnancy using a highly sensitive test kit available at pharmacies to find out.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.