Having lower back pain, numbness in calf muscle and feeling lethargic. Have high TSH level

Nov 2013

Hi, I am 32 year old and have been diagnosed with TSH of 8+ levels. My other symptoms include lower back pain, knee pain, toe bone pain, numbness in calf muscle and lethargic feeling after work. Please guide.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

A TSH of 8+ is high and is suggestive of hypothyroidism (deficiency of thyroid hormones).

Lethargy and pains could be related to thyroid problems.

In addition, we should exclude a deficiency of vitamin B12 and vitamin D. Please get your blood tested for these two vitamin levels.

Please start the thyroid treatment with medication such as thyronorm.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad