Having lower back pain. Loss of lumbar lordosis is seen on MRI. Surgery needed? Alternate treatment?

Question
HELLO SIR, I AM A XXXXXX AGE-24 YEARS FACING LOWER BACK PAIN WHICH PAIN GOES TO MY RIGHT LEG. I AM NOW IN HOSPITAL TAKING TREATMENT HERE DOCTOR SUGGESTING ME TO DO SURGERY.
MY MRI REPORT BELOW :
LOSS OF LUMBAR IORDOSIS SEEN.

EVIDENCE OF DIFFUSE DISC BULGE WITH POSTERIOR DISC PROTRUSION SEEN AT L5-S1 LEVEL CAUSING BILATERAL LATERAL RECESS NARROWING AND VENTRAL THECAL SAC INDENTATION SEEN.

EVIDENCE OF DIFFUSE DISC BULGE WITH POSTERIOR DISC PROTRUSION CAUSING VENTRAL THECAL SAC INDENTATION SEEN AT L4-L5 LEVEL.

AND OTHER ALL NORMAL.
PLEASE SUGGEST ME ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS AND TELL ME IT CORRECT FOR IN MY AGE A SURGERY.
THANK YOU !!
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 11 minutes later

According to the MRI reports which have shown disc bulging or slipped disc at the lumbar levels which has caused loss of lumbar lordosis. Regarding spinal disc herniation which is also called slipped disc, it is a condition affecting the spine, in which a tear in the outer, fibrous ring of an intervertebral disc allows the soft, central portion to buldge out.

In your case, since you are having pain radiating down the leg as well so it might be causing compression of the nerves.

The majority of herniated discs will heal themselves in about six weeks and do not require surgery. But in your case, there is pain and radiating pain also, so you need the treatment. Non-surgical methods of treatment are usually attempted first, leaving surgery as a last resort and in this non steroidal drugs and back support and steroid injections are very useful.

Surgery should only be considered as a last resort after all conservative treatments (non-surgical therapy) have been tried and these include fascetectomy, foraminotomy, intervertebral disc annuloplasty, intervertebral disc arthroplasy, laminoplasty, laminotomy, microdiscectomy or spinal laminectomy.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Having lower back pain. Loss of lumbar lordosis is seen on MRI. Surgery needed? Alternate treatment? 11 minutes later
sir, i want to know after surgery i get any problem ? i have this problem for 2 years with low pain now it spreaded to right leg and i am not able to stand and walk about 10 mins .in resting position i have normal pain.

please suggest me better treatments which are

thanks

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 24 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

With any surgery, there is the risk of complications. Complications could involve subsequent pain and impairment and the need for additional surgery. Others include side effects of anesthesia, thrombophlebitis, lung emboli, infection and steroid injections with your doctor and if the symptoms persist then you may need to resort to surgery only.