Having low progesterone level and due for IVF embryo transfer. Feeling like embryo may not attach to womb. Should I be worried?

My progesterone level is very low - 0.08ng/ml. I am going to do IVF embryo transfer in about a month time from now. My fear is that the embryo may not attach to the womb and develop further because of very low progesterone. Is my assumption correct? If yes, is there any medication that I could use starting immediately to support pregnancy when it comes to embryo transfer? Is this medication going to work in such a short period of time?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes your assumption is correct. But nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for your question. Normal Progesterone level is necessary for maintenance of pregnancy, so your right. Yes there are medications that can increase progesterone levels for example prometrium. I usually prescribe these drugs to my patients with low progesterone with remarkable results. And they need not be taken from a long time before the actual date of embryo transfer, please talk to your Infertility specialist, he/she should be able to start you on the right dosage at the right time. Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other queries. Good luck. Regards