Having low blood pressure, tingling arms, pain in joints and blurred vision. Blood work done. Any cure?

Yes, I am 51 female and was recently hospitalized due to falling blood pressure. Tingling in arms and legs, hands and feet, pain in joints (severe in evenings and mornings) in shoulders and neck. Pain between shoulders and neck and from underarms running length of arm. Was told blood work showed I have current mono which explained malaise but any idea about other symptoms? Also eyes hurt, dry and vision getting blurry. All began XXXXXXX 20, 2012. Tested heart, brain, kidneys and checked for clots in hospital. Sent me home still unable to walk even though they put me on bp meds to raise it.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
Infectious mononucleosis, "mono XXXXXXX "kissing disease XXXXXXX and glandular fever are all terms popularly used for the very common infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). The characteristic symptoms of infection with EBV include fever, fatigue, malaise, and sore throat. Did they check it with a blood test that you have mono, if your symptoms started within a weak to that severity then the mono is sufficient cause for all the syndrome.
Please have rest, ensure hydration, nutrition and avoid vigorous physical activities to avoid rupture of spleen- a dreaded complication of mono.
You need a physical examination by your physician after a week and get base line investigations like Chest X XXXXXXX Complete Blood Counts, Renal Function Test, Liver Function Test, Ultrasound Abdomen.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Having low blood pressure, tingling arms, pain in joints and blurred vision. Blood work done. Any cure? 8 hours later
All bloodwork has been done as well as MRI, ECG, 2 heart monitors -1/30 day and one for the week in the hospital, CT scan to check lungs for clots as well as ultrasounds on heart, arms and legs. No all didn't start within a week. Started with bLood pressure falling XXXXXXX 20,2012 then getting more frequent lightheaded and almost passing out spells over next few weeks. That is why I was hospitalized to diagnose bp falling. Mono showed up in one of the blood test while I was in hospital. After mono, bp falling still continues and joint and nerve pain, numbness in limbs and dry eyes. Never did get sleepy like I hear you have with mono.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 23 hours later

Welcome back to healthcare magic!
Bodyache, limb pain, unwell health is part of mono but that much fall in BP and persitent low BP indicates something else as well.
You might be having Addisonian Crisis, a condition where your adrenals do not secrete enough corticosteroid to XXXXXXX the stressful condition and patient gets a low BP, reeling in head and persistent tiredness and ill health.
I would advise you to have three things-
Blood and Urine cultures and Sensitivity tests even if they were done earlier, they need to be repeated.
Morning 8:00 AM fasting levels of blood sugar and serum Corticosteroid Levels.
An ultrasound abdomen.
Please get them as soon as possible and review with your physician and let me know the report in follow up query.