Having knots in my arms and other parts of the body. Is it harmful?

I have some kind of knots in my arms and other parts of body . I want to know whether the same is harmful or not.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neurofibomas or small lipomas

Detailed Answer:

If the lesions are firm in consistency then they could probably be neurofibromas arising from the nerve sheath and do not cause any complications unless grow huge.

If they are soft then they could be fat knots or lipomas which too are not serious condition to worry about unless they gain size in short span of time.

There is no need for intervention unless you see a drastic increase in the size or any associated symptoms.

Hope, I answered your query.