Having itchy scalp and hair fall problem. Taking medication. Advise?

I have an etchy scalp developed very recently. There is associated hair fall also, though not in large extent. I am a male, 61 year old & regularly taking following medicines:
Tab Volibo M0.2 - 1 with breakfast
Tab Natreilix SR - 1 tab after breakfast
Tab Benitec 20 - 1 tab after breakfast
Tab Ranozex - 1 tab at 11 am & again 1 tab at 11 pm
Tab Clopitab 75 - 1 tab after dinner

Could you pl advise me on etchy scalp & associated hairfall please?
Tab Angizem DP 120 - 1 tab after dinner
Tab TG TOR-F - 1 tab after dinner
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Advice on itchy scalp and hair fall

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Itchy scalp could be due to dandruff ( seborrhoeic dermatitis) or head lice. Rarely in baldness some patients have itching as a symptom.
Do you have dandruff ?

60 percent of men at the age of 60 will become bald.
Is the hair falling from all over the scalp or only from the vertex and the temples mainly and less from sides and back of scalp ?
Hair fall mainly from vertex and scalp is seen in baldness.

Medicines can also cause hair fall. Cholesterol lowering drug statins, diuretics and anti clotting drugs can cause hair fall and you are taking them.

Please check the scalp for nits and lice, however silly it sounds as it is a common cause of scalp itching and in my experience I have seen a lot of chronic cases of scalp itching in all age groups and gender with this simple infestation as the cause.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.