Having itchy rashes with blisters all over back. Back hurting. Blisters turning black. Cause? Treatment?

I have tried to find a picture of my aunt's rash with blisters. She flew in on Wednesday last week and was complaining about her back hurting. I looked at it and there were small puncture wounds all over her back where her bra hook and eye was touching. The middle hook had come apart and she had reddened punctures on her back. I counted about 36. She now has blisters and the skin over the blisters is black. It has spread to her flank and around the front under her breast on one side. What would cause these blisters to turn black? We will go to my GP tomorrow, or should we got to the OR tonight? She doesn't have a fever and the rash and blistered areas don't itch. The blisters are reddened, hot to the touch and inflamed.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 30 minutes later

Thanks for the query and excellent photographs.

The pictures seems to be like those of Herpes Zoster. It is a viral infection and present typically with fluid filled lesions in a particular segment of body, usually associated with pain. The blisters turn black due to crusting. It is a normal healing process.

I think she needs to be treated with antivirals like acyclovir.

She can try calamine lotion currently to soothe the discomfort and plan to visit her dermatologist. GP would be an alternative if a visit to dermatologist is unavailable at the earliest.
It's not a serious concern which needs immediate attention, you can XXXXXXX the doctor tomorrow.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications