Having itchy rashes on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs and inner thighs. What is the cure?

itchy rash on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs under the underwear region that resolved but remains as a small 3 inch circle rash at sacral base after my first case of moderate/severe jock itch in 40 years. I never get jock itch or rashes. Rash remains as small bumps like dots from a pencil tip only over sacral base, not vesicular. Also some remaining itch over buttocks but no rash there. Jock itch responded well to tinactin/lotrimin but there is still red discoloration on inside thigh where the jock itch was located.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks dot the query. This type of discoloration is called as post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. You can use a mild exfoliating agent like 1% glycolic acid cream. Following should be the procedure to apply it. 1.wash the affected area with soap and water and dry it. 2. Apply the cream and keep for 2 hours. Do not apply on scrotum. 3. Wash after 2 hours and apply a moisturizing cream. This has to be done daily in night. you will get a good response in 1 month. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you.
Follow-up: Having itchy rashes on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs and inner thighs. What is the cure? 2 days later
what about the rash over my sacral base? It is itchy and a small patch of 30 little bumps in a 1"round circle. It is not too red but is about the same level as my underwear band.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, The round patch must be residual fungal infection. You need to apply anti fungal cream in that area. Please apply the cream on the patch as well as around 1 cm surrounding also. This will prevent further extension of the patch. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you