Having itchy feeling in throat and cough. Had throat pain and took antibiotics. Advise?

have an itchy feeling in my throat which makes me cough quite often. I had throat pain last week and took some antibiotics. could you plz advice?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Disprin gargles

Detailed Answer:

After an antibiotic therapy typically the person is dehydrated and they add some stress to the human body.

Nothing to worry about now as the affects fade off in a week. Meantime the person should follow these:
1) Tab Zinetac 150 mg before food thrice a day for 5 days - Reflux is common after therapy so Ranitidine may help.
2) Drink Normal temperature water up to 3 litres per day- Antibiotics dehydrate
3) Include enough vegetable and dark color fruits up to 8 servings in a day - Fight the negative affects of antibiotic use or abuse.

Abuse is termed when a person voluntarily takes them without consulting an expert or physician.

With the above I observed that most people get back to optimum health in a week's time.