Having itchy bumps under arms, on knees, elbows and groin area. What should I do?
User rating for this question
I have itchy little bumps under my arms, on the backs of my knees, elbows and in the groin area. I have not changed soaps or detergents or anything else I can think of. I have moisturized until I can't soak any more up and it's not helping. It's driving me crazy. (Probably unrelated - - I am recovering from brain surgery two months ago) Help!
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: flexural dermatitis.Antisweat powder will help. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing here.Site of lesions according to case history are flexures.These are body folds and they are sweating and moist.So the lesions can be either fungal infections or sweat dermatitis.Since there is constant itching and small papules it point more towards dermaritis.Mouistrising these areas will worsen the condition.Keep area dry.Use good antisweat talcum powder at day time.Use loose cotton clothings.At night time tou can apply mild steroid like hydrocortisone.Avoid any deodrants since they can cause more allergies.Hope this will help tou.Take care.
People also viewed
- Bump under skin in groin area what could it be
- Taking amoxicillan for itchy hands and feet any suggestion
- Swollen upper lip after doing coke
- Infant having loose motion what is dosage of powergyl suspension
- Bump under skin in groin
- Zits in nose after cocaine use
- Skin looks purple after cold shower
- Hard itchy bump on the groin
- Pain after scab falls off cold sore
- Burning urination with abdominal discomfort and dark urine uti
- What causes itchy red bumps in the groin area
- Itchy bump in groin area female
- Taking medicine for hyperthyroidism what diet should be taken
- Skin started getting dull any treatment or medication
- Rash on lower legs after doing cocain