Having itching on inner thighs near scrotum with bad odor. What is the cause?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi. I have a weird itch on my inner thigh near my scrotum. It also itches and burns near my pelvic bone. There is a bad odour as well. My girlfriend is now showing symptoms too. She went to the doctors and has been checked for herpes and chlamydia and it came out negative.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: you could be having fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, it seems you could be having fungal infection of groin. Also this diagnosis is supported by similar findings in partner as fungal infection can spread with contact. Now to treat the infection Shave the pubic area. Wear loose cotton underclothes. Keep the area dry and well ventilated. Apply clotrimazole cream twice in a day Dust the area with antifungal powder after bathing. Also take tablet fkuconazole weekly. You may get its prescription from your dermatologist. Your partner should follow the same advise too. Hopefully, it will resolve in a week's time. Also attaching an image of concerned lesions in you and your partner would help me in guiding you further. Take care

Follow-up: Having itching on inner thighs near scrotum with bad odor. What is the cause? 46 minutes later
I've uploaded a picture of the location of the itching. Hopefully it helps.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 hours later
Brief Answer: it looks like fungal infection only Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. I would advise that you follow the treatment mentioned in my previous post as it looks like fungal infection only. So I would advise Take tablet fluconazole 150 mg One tablet in a week atleast for two weeks Use an antifungal antibacterial soap for bathing like you may get clotrimazole/ ketoconazole cetrimide combination soap Apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole/ terbinafine/ sertraconazole/luliconazole cream( which ever is easily available in your area) twice in a day Dust the area with antifungal powder daily after bathing. Follow the advise for a week and let me know about the response. I shall be available for follow up. Hope this helped. Take care