Having itching in hands, face and head. Have mild fever. Eyes a bit different in color and shape. Suggest

Hi Doctor,
My 8 year old son is complaining about itching his hands, face, head and all for the last few days(Rashes are there). There are few lymph nodes visible behind his ears. And his eyes seems bit ackward in colour and shape. He had mild fever also.
We met doctor the other day. He says the itching is due to cold climate(its monsoon season in our place) .
Kindly suggest whether any further consultations with specialists required
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello, XXXXX
It appears to be a viral exanthem.
I would like to know the following additional points for a closer diagnosis.
1.does he have throat pain or redness in throat?
2. Is there redness in eye, vessels appearing dilated.
3. The rash is on all parts of body or just a few parts.
If possible upload a photograph of the rash.
This will help in giving a closer diagnosis.
For now give him syrup acetaminophine and syrup cetrizine. This will control the fever and rash.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Follow-up: Having itching in hands, face and head. Have mild fever. Eyes a bit different in color and shape. Suggest 5 minutes later
Thanks for the reply
1.He had throat pain few days back. But now it seems ok.
2.not redness, but some kind of indifference is there
3.not in all parts are visible.

I don't have a photograph, because right now he is India and I am in Dubai. But I will try to collect one from Home.

Thank you once gain for the use full reply
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 37 minutes later
It looks like viral exanthem only.
Dont worry just let him take the medication i suggested. If should be fine in 3 days. If it remains as such or increase, a dermatologist opinion would be required. Wishing him a good health.
Thank you