Having irregular heartbeat. What could be the reason?

Long story so bare with me here doc. So Last friday I had to sleep early to wake up for my night shift which is @8pm to 7am, I woke up @6pm friday to be ready for work, drank one redball can at around 2am on the night shift, after I came back home from work @9am saturday morning, I couldn't sleep until 12pm. I woke up 2pm saturday again for a family gathering and also drank a small cup of coffee around 5pm saturday then I went to sleep again @7pm to 10:00pm that day again to watch a soccer match, anyways, I drank another redbull can at around 3am when I continued to watch movies and from 3am sunday until around 12pm ( thats when I finally slept ) sunday afternoon my heart was not acting right ( I felt like my heart was skipping beats/irregular heartbeat ), I went to the hospital around 10am that sunday morning and the doc said it's just the redbull effect, gave me Aspirin and told me to sleep and I'll be fine. I went to sleep and when I woke up around 5:30pm the same day, it took my body to feel completely hungry and powerless about few minutes when I vomited nothing ( cuz I had an empty stomach and I took those aspirin pills on that empty stomach I know its wrong but I was very tired to eat anything ) and my left hand felt weak for another few minutes. After that thing woking me up, I ate lightly and then went to sleep again to 12am monday. What happened next. Now my heart is back to normal but for the last two days Im not feeling like I am 100% recovered, I feel heaviness in my chest and it's hard to sleep for the last couple of days because it becomes heavier when Im laying on the bed. And I am sending you this right now because I can't sleep. What should I do? Im 6'1 tall, around 185lb and 30 years old.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need examination and investigation Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic The first step is to see a Cardiologist. Irregular heartbeats need to be DOCUMENTED by ElectroCardioGram (EKG). Standard ECG records the electrical activity of the heart, for a few seconds. It can detect the arrhythmia occurring during that time only. If the episode occurs randomly, one needs Holter or event monitor. Anaemia / Anxiety / Alcohol / Tobacco (smoking) / Caffeine (too much tea, coffee, cola) / Fever / Infection / Pain / Stress / Thyroid / calcium, magnesium / Medicines like Phenylephrine used for ‘cold’; Salbutamol used for asthma and so on - may be responsible.... / Illicit ‘drugs’ like Amphetamine are notorious to cause abnormal beats / At times, abnormal nerve paths in the heart (bypass tracts) or disease of the conduction system may be responsible! EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance. You may also need an endoscopy - to evaluate the stomach and oesophagus… That you are alright now - means a transient and very likely not serious event. It is better to get investigated - to get assured and prevent recurrences... The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Follow-up: Having irregular heartbeat. What could be the reason? 10 minutes later
Thank you very much for your detailed answer, I'll definitely going to check today. But I'm little but relieved that's I'm possibly not in a serious condition. Thanks again and god bless you.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Appreciate Positive attitude! No need for concern Detailed Answer: Hi You WILL be well - you are young / you have no past illness... That was most likely situational and unlikely to recur... Avoid caffeinated drinks, alcohol and tobacco You seem to be a very good boy - does not go with your mail ID, above! Learn to relax - biofeedback, yoga and exercises can help Regards
Follow-up: Having irregular heartbeat. What could be the reason? 6 minutes later
Haha cool sense of humor doc, that's just a username that stuck with me when I was on high school Heheheh. Totally different guy right now heh. Anyways I've provided you with the scan the doctor of the hospital did to me if you wanted further examination. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: All the best Detailed Answer: I have seen the ECG - ordered by your Dr XXXXXXX - is within NORMAL limits... salamaath...Allah isallimak...