Having irregular heart beat and constipation. Are these related?

My heartbeat is irregular and skip beats sometimes. This seems to coincide with constipation. Do you know what the reason for this would be?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Occasional irregular heart beats associated with constipation may happen due to excessive cardiac stress while pushing for a constipated motion.
Another common cause is magnesium deficiency which results in an irregular cardiac rhythm and constipation. Taking plenty of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables might be helpful.
With a history of diabetes and high triglyceride levels it is best get a routine cardiac profile done by your cardiologist to find out any pathology early.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.