Having hysterectomy and type 2 diabetic. Having thrush symptoms. Suggest the treatment?

I had hysterectomy 2 years ago and I am toe 2 diabetic.can I get thrush
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 22 minutes later
Thrush is a general term to describe yeast infection from Candida. So I am not sure if you are asking if you are prone to thrush in a particular body part, since you reference the hysterectomy. Regardless, there is no connection as such. People who have diabetes, irrespective of whether it is type 1 or 2, are susceptible to infections in general especially if the diabetes in not well controlled. Yeast, fungal and bacterial infections can occur in the setting of high glucose levels in the body. It requires specific treatment with medication, in addition to aiming for good diabetes control.
Follow-up: Having hysterectomy and type 2 diabetic. Having thrush symptoms. Suggest the treatment? 5 minutes later
I have thrush symptoms but wondered if you could get vaginal thrush 2 years post hysterectomy?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 6 hours later
yes it is possible