Having horrible sweats and headache. Got surgery for parotid gland. Any relation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
help! my sweating is affecting my lifeOK. about two years ago I had a clog in the tube that runs from my parotid gland to my mouth. I had partial surgery to filet the tube open, and it has helped though I have to milk it daily. ever since this, I've been randomly breaking out in hot flashes and horrible sweats for no reason. at first I thought it was food, but it happens at the most random times. its severely effecting my social life as I'm too afraid to go out anymore as I just start sweating for no reason at the worst times... out to dinner, during movies, out just trying to socialize, etc. I read about hyperdrydosous? (sp?) but it doesn't seem to quite fit as I have several other symptoms. I noticed my heart starts beating really fast, I get clammy, sometimes woozy, and its always followed by a short bout of the runs, then a headache. I also usually have to sleep with my ceiling fan on high as well as have another fan on me at all times or I get quite hot and irritable. my roommates are always saying its comfortable or cold and I'm always hot.

I've discussed this with my doctor, she ran testosterone tests and told me I was slightly on the low side of average for my testosterone levels, but it was nothing to be concerned about. I am 40 year old male 5'10" 190lbs, smoker, Bipolar 2, HIV positive for seven years, but with cd4s of 1200+ viral load undetectable. any ideas? I'd really like to figure this out. the only other things I can add is that I really have a lot of trouble sleeping, but when I do fall asleep I can sleep for 20 hours straight.
my meds
that I take are for my HIV drugs and I've been on them for seven years so I ruled them out.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms that you have described can happen due to,
1.) Anxiety.
2.) Smoking.
3.) Alcoholism.
4.) Hyperthyroidism.

Kindly get an opinion from a physician so that he can evaluate you and find out the cause for adequate treatment. You can use an Anti perspirant like products containing 10% to 20% aluminum chloride hexahydrate by applying to the affected areas.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having horrible sweats and headache. Got surgery for parotid gland. Any relation? 1 hour later
well. I don't drink, but I do smoke. Hyperthyroidism was on NY list of things to ask the doctor to check. as far as smoking, I quit for a year but still had the sweating issue. so I guess that leaves anxiety and hyperthyroidism. thank you for your quick reply. I will ask the doctor to do a thyroid check.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
Please do keep me informed regarding the progress.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards