Ask a Urologist   »  

Having history of epilipsy and hypothyroidism. Having UTI and infected salivary gland. Should I go for check up?

I try not to be a whiner...but, i've got a complicated medical history..RA x 20 years; epilipsy, migraines, sjogrens, hypothyroidism..anyway, i saw my GP about 2 weeks ago for nausea, pain and just not feeling good..he did a urinalysis and put me on Cipro for an UTI and infected salivary gland. I've finished the round of Cipro...still having nausea, pain that comes and goes above my left upper breast bone, don't feel "all here" (could be the epilepsy)..I just don't feel good. i slept all day yesterday (until 5:00) got up and went back to bed at 7PM..slept until 11:00 Sunday AM. I suffer from fatigue often, but, this is severe even for me. I work full-time, so weekends are the only time I can rest. The last time my Rheumy ran my blood work my CO2 was a little low and my hematocrit , hemoglobin were high (I don't know if that matters, just throwing it in), my question--these symptoms are so vague--I don't know whether to see my doctor about them or not....what do you think?
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later

Persistent fatigue is very common amongst people suffering chronic problems. It is much common amongst Rheumatic diseases and hypothyroidism where the reason for fatigue is largely unknown.

If the fatigue is not any better even after ample rest like in your case then it is good to seek professional help. There are certain injectible preparations which can get back your energy. It is also important to check if TSH values are within normal limits.

Let me know if I can assist you further.