Having high cholesterol, high blood pressure and mitro valve prolapse. EKG test done. Any advice?

I am 51 years old female, with high cholesterol, high blood pressure and Mitro Valve Prolapse that is under control. I have these hard knots running on the veins on my arms, both but one is much worse. The one on my left arm has it running from my elbow to the center of my arm, but the vein when I follow it seems to collapse as it gets towards my wrist. I first noticed the collapse about 5 years ago. sometimes the knots are very hard, and then sometimes not so hard but always present. I also get pinching in my heart quite bait, but all doctors do is an EKG and say they don't think its my heart. I feel I am headed toward a real problem soon.
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!

The knots are probably the prominent valves in the veins which are there normally and bear no significance by being palpable.
Another possibilities are that you might be having lipomas or neurofibromas; Both innocuous but a slightly disfiguring heaps under the skin may trouble you.
I would like to see the images of the knots if you can load them for a follow up query.
Anyway what did your physician tell you about them? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I do not think your this problem is of any measure consequences.

The pinching in the heart may be related to MVP related palpitations or more likely it is related to your stomach ulcers and esophagus ulcers.
Why to take risk and pain for peptic ulcers when they can be managed with so inexpensive medicine?
I would advise you to take a generic OTC preparation of Pantoprazole 40 mg Once aday in the morning for two months regularly.
It will almost cure you of the ulcers.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.