Having high BP, heaviness in head and indigestion. Required treatment?

doctor my dad is having high BP of 160. and heaviness in head what to do AND also he is complaining of indigestion ?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 minutes later

High Blood pressure can lead to headache due to increased pressure in the head veins.Controlling the BP will solve the headache problem too.

His BP may have to be examined at rest on three different occasions and based on the readings the dosage of anti hypertensive medications has to be formulated.If he is already on medication then revision of the dosage is necessary now.

The indigestion your father has may not be related to the blood pressure.It could probably be due to wrong food timings or acid peptic disorders .Syrup MANNOL taken 10 ml before every meal will help to get rid of the problem.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Having high BP, heaviness in head and indigestion. Required treatment? 3 hours later
The exact discription of my Dad's situation is he has fever and cold two days back he took medicine and it was ok. then the next morining he had coconut water and after 2-3 hours he started complaining about heavinness in head.When taking to doctor he said he is having cough and all so Doc gave medicines and also said to have ATEN 50 .and drink more water heaviness will go but still he is having complaining of that.He says he feels some kind of buzzing sound in ear , feels drowsyness and also feeling kind of indigestion. he had BP of 100/172. He has gastic problems too. what has to be done in this situaiton.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

After going through the detailed history you provided , I consider there to be sinusitis coupled with Eustachian tube oedema.Both the above pathologies can be seen in common cold and cause heaviness and pain in the head.

In this case giving him steam inhalations with eucalyptus or Vicks in the water is best remedy.If the steam is not helping much then application of Nasivion decongestant nasal drops about 3 to 4 drops in each nostril will surely reduce the symptoms in a day of two.

Do continue him on Aten as the blood pressure is high and do not stop until further advice by your treating doctor.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish him speedy recovery.