Having heart palpitations and dry mouth. Could it be anxiety?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Husband having heart palpitations and dry mouth seeing white when eyes were shut. Blood pressure 127/71 could it be anxiety? YYYY@YYYY . Has gas and burping.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The dryness of mouth along with palpitations without any cardiac or lung disorder, with no history of smoking, alcohol or drugs points towards anxiety disorder.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.
Taking few drops of peppermint oil after meals will help in reducing the gas and abdominal discomfort.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.