Having heart pain, shortness of breath and eye shaking. Can it be heart issue?

am having pains in my heart for about 7 months now and what do you think makes it happen?i have used a lot of meds and its not working i have shortness of breath also some times i feel pains in my harm abdomen and my eye shakes please i need am am too young for serious sickness am just 19
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is nothing serious or to be worried about Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, PLEASE RELAX : YOU ARE N-O-T SUFFERING FROM ANY SERIOUS ILLNESS OF HEART OR OTHER ORGAN. HAVE FAITH IN ME. Further, in order to PINPOINT the exact cause of generalized itching; give you a SOUND professional advice; and, TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, I request you to kindly provide additional information as follows :- # Describe the nature/type of “heart pain” in as much detail as possible. # Presence of low grade irregular fever, color of mucus brought out while coughing, blood in cough, weight loss, profuse sweating at night? # Acidity problem : pain/discomfort in upper part of abdomen, gas formation in intestine, loose stools, nausea or vomiting? # Have you been having frequent headaches lasting for several hours; or, taking pain-killers regularly for the chest pain or any other condition? # Have you been having transient, sudden onset, rapid beating of the heart, lasting for a few minutes? # Are you passing through mental stress/personal problems / anxiety / sleeplessness since the recent past? # Do you suffer from chronic sinus problem, stuffiness of nose, frequent sneezing and nasal flow, sore throat, or feeling of repeated irritation in the back of throat? IMPORTANT : BE PATIENT AND ANSWER THESE QUERIES. I SOLEMNLY ASSURE YOU OF ALL HELP. Pending receipt of additional information- the brief details provided by you- suggest a few possibilities :- * Repeated coughing causes spasm of the muscles between the ribs and overlying the heart; as well as, those of the left abdomen. In this condition, one gets momentary stabbing pain during cough, sneezing or even deep intake of breath. A few days’ course of pain-killers, such as, ibuprofen + paractamol combination; and, a muscle relaxant, such as chlorzoxazone, will cure the pain. * Inflammation of the inner lining of the cavity (with or without collection of fluid) enclosing the left lung, causes similar pain as described above. It is usually induced by bacterial or tubercular infection of lung(s), as is possible in your case, since you keep on coughing out mucus/expectoration. A chest X-ray and an ultrasound of the cavity will be diagnostic. A course of antibiotics will cure the lung infection. * Acidity problem, may be due to the medications that you have taken so far. Commonly, increased acid in the stomach flows into the food pipe (lying in the center of the chest). This acidic pain is commonly felt in the heart region and therefore mistaken as due to heart. Anti-acid drugs and, if required, a course of antibiotics for intestinal infection (if any) will cure you. * Lastly, in some young females, there are brief episodes (lasting for 3-15mins) of rapid beating of the heart, which also commonly results in chest pain. It is a very benign condition and not to be alarmed about. ECG and ECHO will diagnose the condition. In most of the cases, NO treatment is required. But if it becomes a nuisance, a single daily dose will keep it under permanent control. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agrees with my opinion and clinical acumen; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. AM WAITING FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AS ASKED FOR. Have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal