Having headaches, dizziness and nausea. Feeling strange smell. What could be causing this?

My son has been having headaches with dizziness and nausea and he complains of a strong smell of marzipan or something similar. What could be causing this?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 5 hours later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

I am not sure. This could be any viral illness; particularly if he also has raised temp and fever. Just make sure that it's not meningitis. I am not trying to scare you but this is always a possibility.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.