Having headache, sore throat, constipation, feeling nauseous and memory loss. CT scan done. Any suggestions?

ENT Specialist
Hi there. Thank you for your time. I'm female 5'4 120lbs 33 yrs old. I had a ct scan done because of headaches. They saw a small lesion that is about 6mm on the top left side of my head and a vein on the right side. I have a headache almost everyday. Sometimes in the right temple which sometimes feels numb and tingly down through my cheek and sometimes it's located on the top of the left temple. My neck is always sore too right at the base of my skull where it indents. I have Also had a cough for 3 weeks or so that is slowly getting less flemmy I am exhausted and my memory seems to have disappeared in most cases. I retain very little from information to what I did last night. I don't really drink and I don't do any drugs. Im constipated all the time and feel neasaous once in a while too. I get these weird feelings like my insides feel like they have XXXXXXX horses or are being pinched with a pair of pliers. Any ideas what this could be a result of?
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Can you share the CT images in addition to the exact reporting ?

2. The tingling and numbness in the head and face that you describe is most likely to be Trigeminal Neuralgua. Neuralgias require different painkillers.

3. Your neck soreness may be due to neck muscle spasm, tension or cluster headaches. Migraine must be ruled out.

4. Exhaustion, cough, memory loss, disorientation and nausea, constipation and abdominal cramps may be due to an imbalance of electolytes, calcium, potassium, hormones, vitamins and other metabolic causes.

5. It is good to hear that you do not XXXXXXX drugs or drink. Do you take any health supplements or use any oral contraceptive pills? Do you feel dehydrated?

6. You may discuss this with your physician and follow up here with these reports.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Having headache, sore throat, constipation, feeling nauseous and memory loss. CT scan done. Any suggestions? 19 hours later
I can share the images and the report. How would I do so? I have them on a disk that I could upload.

I don't generally feel dehydrated I do try to drink water as much as I can, usually 3-4 glasses per day. I do take supplements. I am seeing a natural pathic doctor who has me on a few different ones. I do not take oral contraceptives. I did for a long time but I stopped taking them about a year ago.

How would I figure out if it's an imbalance of any of those things and how would I fix that? I have felt like I've been on the mend from a cold for what seems like weeks now along with the cough. There has not been any fever at all but I feel stuffy without a runny nose and I cough mostly in the morning and break up quite a bit of flem.

My diet is pretty clean. I eat alot of vegetables and a little fruit. I use gluten free pasta, I don't eat much dairy mainly only milk in my coffee. I use honey instead of sugar and I haven't had much in the way of meat for a few months now too. I drink XXXXXXX smoothies in the morning that have XXXXXXX cilantro parsley XXXXXXX pineapple water. I use almond milk and goat cheese for dairy, and I use lentils and beans for protein.

I have an infra red sauna that I use once or twice a week. I take salt baths as well. I just feel like my immune system is not working and I would like to know if it's something I'm doing or if there is a way to strengthen it?

I see a chiropractor for neck and back adjustments. Yesterday after I had an adjustment on my neck that pinching in my temple returned.

Any more info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a physician here in the states. I've moved here from Canada recently and don't know where to go yet. Most of these symptoms have only just started about 6 months to a year ago after being in California for a year.

Thanks so much
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

1. There is an option for uploading images and report on the query page.

2. Ideally stop your supplements or get them reviewed by a physician.

3. Get a Neurologists examination and opinion. He may be able to start muscle relaxants and specific painkillers.

4. Your phlegm may be due to an allergy to some of the food stuff mentioned by you above. If you are off meat products, get your Vitamin B12 levels checked.

5. Avoid the sauna and bath salts for some time.

6. Recurrence of the discomfort after neck and back adjustment sis n favor of neck spasms.