Having headache, low grade fever and body pain. No nausea or low appetite. Proper solution?

I have had a dull headache for a few days now accompanied by a periodic low grade fever ( not more than 100 ) and minor body aches. Have not felt any nausea, appetite is good. No other symptoms really...just headache that doesn't go away even after taking Ibuprofen and the feeling that my head is overheating (usually at night)
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Headaches can be part of systemic symptoms specially when somebody has flu or some other infections.
In men around the age of 50 or 60, when headaches are accompanied with fever, a serious problem named temporal arthritis (this headache is more prominent in the lateral part of the head) should be ruled out (it should be investigated by doctor in a way that asks for measuring CRP level in the lab). If it is high, there is danger of eye damage. Doctors start cortone even before the result of the CRP is back.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
I wish you a good health.